FAS Goran
Sign in to follow this  
chikavili

Novi Bravo u Emiratima

Pojavio se novi Bravo u Emiratima, covek ga testirao i impresioniran je:

Driving a Fiat Bravo on the Corniche

Tim Ansell spends time with a hot Italian export and returns suitably impressed

pR6gr.jpg

I've only ever owned one Fiat, a bright orange, 1980 vintage, 127 Sport. It had some obscure problem with the carburettor which caused it to suddenly cut out at the most inopportune moments. In addition, there was no spare wheel in my particular car (which I discovered of course only when I got a puncture), I broke the engine mounts on my 21st birthday driving rather too enthusiastically over a hump-back bridge, and above all, I vividly recall the indicator and light stalks had luminous, multi-coloured switches on the ends. It wasn't a good look…

Now compare that to the Fiat Bravo, which the Italian manufacturer is bringing to the Gulf at the end of this year. For a start, I have no doubt that the fuel injection system on the 2010 Bravo is reliable. In fact I'm confident that every component part of the 1.4-litre turbocharged engine, which produces a class-leading 120bhp and 260Nm of torque, will work like a charm.

In the hour I spent driving the Bravo on the Abu Dhabi Corniche and highways across Yas Island, it pulled impressively for a car of its size. Fiat's Dual Logic 6-speed gearbox gives you the choice of operating in Normal or Economy automatic modes, or the rather more driver-friendly manual mode. In both auto modes the box changed gears a little earlier than I would have liked, but particularly in Economy mode. I found myself constantly checking my rear-view mirror to see alarmed drivers realise I'd stopped accelerating about a second afterI pulled away from junctions.

Doubtless such early gear changes will save you money on fuel but, I fear, in Middle East driving conditions they'll cost youa fortune in replacement rear bumpers. My advice is stick to manual and, just as in my 127 Sport, you'll have hours of fun in the Bravo. The suspension is more than capable of dealing with whatever you may throw at it, unless of course you're planning on using the car for track days at Yas Marina, in which case, you might want to consider an Alfa Romeo.

Thankfully, the new Fiat's smart-looking interior has come a long way from the Eighties' fluorescent switchgear. OK, it's no executive saloon but bearing in mind that the entry-level spec Bravos will be available from Dh62,900, even at that level you get central locking, adjustable height steering, good supportive seats and a radio/CD/ MP3 player.

It's also fitted with six airbags, ABS and Electronic Brake Distribution - useful on the approach to hump-back bridges!

In the Dh82,900 top-spec models, traction control and electronic stability controls will keep you on the straight and narrow, whilst the leather trim and voice-controlled MP3 player will doubtless impress your friends. There's enough room in the back for a couple of those - but you might want to let them out every hour to stretch their legs.

One thing Fiat has definitely got right is the styling. The Bravo is a pretty-looking vehicle and when I first saw one, it was parked next to a Jaguar XKR. I think there's more than a hint of the Jaguar's ‘pursed lips' grille and ‘cat's eyes' headlights in the Bravo, and that's a good thing in my books.

Time will tell if Fiats prove to be reliable in Gulf conditions, but they are certainly determined to make their mark in what is effectively new territory for the Italian manufacturer, and the Bravo is a fun, practical, relatively low-cost four seater.

QUICK SPEC

Engine: 1.4-litre turbo

Horsepower: 120bhp

Max torque: 260Nm @ 1,750rpm

Transmission: six-speed automatic

0-100km/h: in 9.6 seconds

Top speed: 197kmh

Cost: Dh62,900 onwards, call National Auto (04-289-5060) for more info.

Izvor: http://gulfnews.com/life-style/motoring/test-drives/driving-a-fiat-bravo-on-the-corniche-1.669985

P.S. Dh62,900 je oko 13.000€ sto je pocetna cena ovog modela tamo. Treba imati u vidu da zbog njihovog standarda, najjeftiniji model je daleko ispred najjeftinijih modela u Evropi po opremi.

E pa kad su se Arapi odusevili :w00t: -onda stvarno mora da valja :lol:

Salu na stranu,sudeci sta se sve vozi :rolleyes: po "siromasnim" Emiratima :smoke: ,nije ih lako impresionirati,a Bravo je i to uspeo ;)

Test je kratak i jasan,a dobro je dosao i Viliju :welcome: kao preporuka,za pazrenje jednog po povratku kuci :D ,taman ce se tamo,u Emiratima pojaviti kao polovni :yes.pa jos ovi sto rece on malo kitnjastiji :rolleyes: za njihove probirljive kupce <_<

Edited by mik

Driving a Fiat Bravo on the Corniche

The suspension is more than capable of dealing with whatever you may throw at it

Uf, ovo teško da je mogao da testira tamo.

Ustvari, možda jedino ako je vozio po gradilištima :rambo:

Edited by Zvukoljub